Monday, February 1, 2010

I can't write anymore

I must admit, I am a pretty ambitious person. But sometimes, the eyes take in more than the mouth can eat.

I have been reading a lot motivational books and blogs and have been thinking about the common theme: Follow your dreams, follow your passions. It has led me to contemplate what my dreams and passions are.

I have (too) many.

Even though I thought I would never say this, but being a Clinical Dietitian has been one dream come true. It incorporates everything I love about being a dietitian - I get to help people, work with other medical professionals, and play around with numbers (especially now that I am in the ICU). While everyday is the same routine - you read charts all day trying to decipher doctors' handwriting then formulate your own notes in hopes that one, just one doctor, picks up on your recommendation(s) and writes the order, every patient is unique, and you never know what you are going to get when you get out of your car in the morning and walk into the hospital. It is so different from a regular 9-to-5 job that sometimes my family doesn't even understand what I do at work. *laugh*

But I want more.

I want to be able to write. To do creative work. To spread goodness, not only about nutrition and what you are supposed to eat (that was meant to be sarcastic) but about healthy living and everything beautiful in general. After I tried writing a simple article about vitamin D, and failed miserably trying to connect my coherent thoughts together to make one incoherent paragraph, I decided that I simply need more practice - practice observing, practice writing, and practice living out my dreams.

Thus, the birth of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment