Monday, October 4, 2010

[Movie] The Reader



From IMDb: Post-WWII Germany: Nearly a decade after his affair with an older woman came to a mysterious end, law student Michael Berg re-encounters his former lover as she defends herself in a war-crime trial.

This is from a book. A book that I read 3-4 years ago. A book that I recalled the ending to only halfway through the movie. And let me say, the second half of the movie is much more dramatic and emotional than the first. I won't reveal anything, but Kate Winslet's acting most certainly moved me to tears. Quite frankly, I never thought much of her until now. I recommend both the book and the movie, but the movie is actually good enough that you don't need the book to understand what is going on (a rarity these days).

No comments:

Post a Comment